Dental implants are used to replace missing teeth when you either cannot or do not want to get dentures, bridges, or crowns. It is important to replace a lost tooth, as the consequences of not doing so can grow into a much larger problem as time goes on.
#1 Advancements in Dental Surgery Make the Implant Process Easier
Sedation Dental Care at Raleigh Smile Center in Raleigh, NC is proud to make dental implants easier and less painful. With precision-guided implants, we use digital records of the jaw and teeth to analyze bone health. Precision-guided implants allow us to identify and control all instrumental variables critical to your procedure’s success. Precision-guided implants offer the following benefits:
- Safer surgery with more accurate implant placement
- Shorter operation time
- Smaller incisions with less bleeding and pain
- Shorter healing time
- Minimal bone grafting
#2 Dental Implants Behave Like Your Real Teeth
Dental implants restore the following abilities:
- Chewing ability. Sliding dentures, decayed teeth, or missing teeth can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat all your favorite foods with confidence and no discomfort.
- Speech ability. With dentures and missing teeth, your ability to enunciate may be affected. Dental implants allow you to speak correctly without the worry that teeth might slip or that you will slur words during important meetings and first impressions.
- Comfort. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with the bone, they are permanent. Dental implants are not high maintenance either, as they benefit from daily brushing and flossing, same as your natural teeth.
- Preserve facial structure. Dental implants prevent your teeth from shifting or becoming crooked, while also supporting a healthy jawbone and preventing bone loss.
- Confidence: Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. Dental implants restore your smile and preserve your confidence and self-esteem. You do not have to worry about risking any embarrassing moments like with dentures.
#3 Dental Implants Are Good For Your Oral Health
Dental implants are the only tooth replacement option available that preserves the jawbone and replaces missing teeth. Unlike other dental procedures, dental implants do not require reducing teeth. Since your neighboring teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact. This improves your oral health because it reduces the risk of infections and tooth decay. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
#4 Dental Implants Are Made From Titanium
Titanium is a strong metal that also has the ability to withstand extreme temperatures. It is used in many applications, such as aircrafts, spaceships, missiles, golf clubs, laptops, bicycles, and crutches.
Titanium is also incredibly useful in the medical field because this metal fuses well with bone. For this reason, titanium can be found in surgical applications such as joint replacements and tooth implants. This metal permits dental implants to be extremely durable. With the proper care, dental implants can last up to 20 years.
#5 The Dental Implant Process Can Be Anxiety-Free
Some people put-off dentistry care, but visiting the dentist is nothing to worry about. At Sedation Dental Care, anxiety-free dentistry is ideal for individuals who are having dental implants placed. Your sedation dentistry options include valium, nitrous oxide, oral & IV sedation, and general anesthesia.
Are You the Right Candidate For Dental Implants?
You may be a candidate for dental implants if you have a one or more missing teeth. In order for dental implants to be successful, you must have enough bone mass in the jaw to adequately support the placement of dental implants. In some cases, patients with low bone mass may be able to have a bone graft in order to build up the bone before having implants placed. To determine if you are an ideal candidate for dental implants with Sedation Dental Care At Raleigh Smile Center, call 919-783-9686.